Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It is voting day! Yay... (why did I rhyme?)





Okay besides me being the best freestyle rapper you know, it is time for real life!
Today was voting day...Just amazing. I went right after work and lets just say I voted for CHANGE!
But it was more than it's initial feeling of..damm, I need to make a difference in this historic day. It was the first time that a new citizen like myself had the opportunity to vote! Today I actually felt that my little scribbles in those little black circles were a part of something. Maybe just the bigger picture and that I finally belonged. So this day wasn't just for it's candidates...it was a lot more. For people like me out there it was a significant day...a very liberating day! I hope you voted, because it honestly is a right that should not be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online